going back to lark rise

by - July 16, 2012

Those of you who were following me a year ago or more will remember (maybe) when I was really into a BBC series called Lark Rise to Candleford. 
I was at the library on Monday, and noticed Season 3 sitting on a shelf. I contained a squeal of joy, and picked it up.
Yesterday the boys were all out at Stampede, I was dying of sunburn, mum and I were feeling ridiculously lazy, so we spend the day lazing around. We watched the entire season, minus the last two episodes.

I hadn't watched it in over a year, so I had forgotten just how much I loved it. And why I loved it. Watching it, cuddled up on the sofa with a pillow, it felt like going home. I missed the characters so much. I missed Alfie's singing and dimpled smile, Minnie's mishaps, Miss Lane's gentle words of wisdom, Twister's shenanigans.

It's all so warm and cozy and special.


I go through fandoms like people breathe air. One month I love Sherlock, the next I'm madly in love with The Hunger Games. Some of them wear off, some of them don't. Some of them get thrown over my shoulder disposed of forever. Others, are forgotten for a while, but one day, like an old box of treasures, they are pulled out, dusted off, and enjoyed once again.

Lark Rise to Candleford is definitely a keeper, and I recommend it to everyone. It's perfect for watching on a rainy day, curled up in a blanket with a mug of tea. The whole series is on youtube, in fact, but most libraries have the series as well.


What's your favorite "cozy" T.V. show?

-Gwen

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I really need to watch this show. Can't believe I haven't yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might watch this! I adore anything set in this general time period, and I need something to watch besides Jane Austen movies and Anne of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both definitely need to! You'll love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My list of "cozy" TV shows? You just had to go and open that can of worms, didn't you? ;P

    Let's see...
    Larkrise to Candleford
    Downton Abbey
    Sherlock
    Little Dorrit
    Once Upon A Time
    Emma

    And as I can't think of anymore, and that is a good enough list, I think I'll end. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lark Rise. It's my favorite show to watch with my mum.
    It is rather a warm and fuzzy show..

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. I ♥ comments.

Powered by Blogger.