I love Michael Buble

by - January 18, 2011

(Oh wait. First, let's get one thing straight here. I love his MUSIC. My true love is Mr. Thornton. Okay, moving on...)















{not my photo}


His songs make me happy. I am a classical/oldies type person, I prefer Mozart and The Carpenters to Katy Perry and Usher any day.
When he first started out, I don't think he wrote songs. He just did his own versions of oldies like Save The Last Dance for Me and A Foggy Day (In London Town). Funny thing, when I first heard his voice, I thought he sounded like a bubble. Yes, like a bubble. I don't know what a bubble sounds like, but if ever a bubble had a voice, that's what it would sound like. In other words, I thought he sounded like a bit of a moron. Of course, back then, I didn't appreciate talent. I liked Avril Lavegne and Disney songs.

But, my dad was a fan (no, not like a crazy stalker girl fan type fan. A wow-he-has-a-nice-voice-and-has-TALENT-so-I'll-buy-some-of-his-music type fan). And my dad goes through music phases. For weeks, he'll play Juan Diego Flores music ALL THE TIME and then he'll play U2 music ALL THE TIME and then he'll play Master and Commander soundtrack ALL THE TIME. Until the rest of us are so sick of it we're ready to scream if we hear Juan Diego Flores' voice invading our peace and tranquility one more time.
Well, he had a pretty long Michael Buble phase. I got pretty sick of 'Come Fly With Me' and 'Sway' pretty fast.
He moved on...
Until at some point, I thought to myself, "Hey! I haven't listened to 'Home' in a while. Hm...maybe I'll Youtube it. And now, maybe I'll Youtube 'Save The Last Dance For Me.' And NOW, maybe I'll Youtube ' Quando.'
Hey wait......I think I LIKE this! Hey wait! He has a really nice voice!"
(In case you're interested in learning, this also happened with all my dad's other phase music. I like them all now. What a funny world, eh?)

So there it is, the tale of my journey to Michael Buble fan-dom.

And now, I am a die-hard fan. Of his voice, that is. I don't find him particularly attractive. He has a baby face!
My current favorite song of his is one that he actually WROTE, apparently for his fiancee.





Could you be a teenage idol?
Could you be a movie star?
When l turn on my tv,
Will you smile and wave at me telling Oparah who you are?
So you want to be a rock star?
With blue eyed bunny's in your bed?
Well remember when you're rich that you sold yourself for this, you'll be famous cuz you're dead!

Chorus
So don't go higher 
for desire
Put it in your head
Baby Hollywood is dead you can find it in yourself.

I don't want to take you dancing,
When you're dancing with the world.
Well You can flash your caviar and your million dollar car,
I don't need that kind of girl!
but you could be that next sensation? or will you set the latest style?
You don't need a catchy song,
Cuz the kids will sing along,
When you shoot it with a smile!

Chorus
So don't go higher 
for desire
Put it in your head
Baby Hollywood is dead you can find it in yourself.

So don't fly higher
 for your fire
Put it in your head
Baby Hollywood is dead you can find it in yourself.
Keep it on your head Hollywood is dead.

Well you can do the mighty tango,
You can start your little thing,
You can swing from vine to vine
While the kiddies wait in line
With the money in their hands.
But if you get to California
Save a piece of gold for me,
If it's the only thing you save
Then I'll bet you'll never wave when I watch you on tv.

Chorus
So don't go higher
 for desire
Put it in your head
Baby Hollywood is dead you can find it in yourself.

So don't fly higher
 for your fire
Put it in your head
Baby Hollywood is dead you can find it in yourself.

Keep on loving what is true and the world will come to you, you can find it in yourself

Love what is true and the world will come to you, you can find it in yourself
No no no no no
Keep it in your head Hollywood is dead
Come come Hollywood is dead babe woo hoo
Oh Hollywood is dead yeah yeah
Keep on loving what is true and the world will come to you, you can find it in yourself
Get it in your head Hollywood is dead



If you watch the music video (I didn't post it cause I thought a few of you might find it a tiny bit offensive) you'll see him totally making fun of Justin Bieber!
HAHAHA!
In your face boy. You can't even sing, anyway.

Enjoy! I know I do.

God bless,

Photobucket

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like him too! He's one of my very favorite singers!

    I'm still in sudden shock at sudden deaths of charactors in favorite shows by the way... Poor poor Robin. Ahh, it was coming to her though.

    ;)
    -Shadowflower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it!

    I do feel a little sorry for Robin...
    But I really disliked Marian.
    haha

    ReplyDelete

Be kind. I ♥ comments.

Powered by Blogger.