Chicken Pot Pie and Cookies (Just not together)

by - September 15, 2010

I made this for dinner last night, and It was so good I had to share it.
If you're nice to me, I'll share our stirfry recipe for tonight, tomorrow.
(I'm going to be cooking a lot for the next few months....mum is to sick to even go in the kitchen)
Before I start, I think I should note that it's always bugged me that it's Chicken POT pie. Why not just chicken pie? I've never seen anyone stick a pot into it.....



Oh yeah. This is the first pie I have ever made, and I cheated with it. I just used (store bought) puff pastry on top, with nothing on the bottom. You may do with it what you will. There is no pie crust recipe in here though, so you'll have to find your own.
sorry!

YOU WILL NEED:

1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
half a white onion
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups cooked chicken
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
3 potatoes


Preheat oven to 400°  F

In a large saucepan, melt the 1/2 cup of butter. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and onion. Gradually stir in broth. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.Stir in chicken, carrot, celery and potatoes. Mix well and pout into bottom pie crust/casserole dish. Cover with top crust. 
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until top crust is golden brown and filling in bubbly.

I found this recipe slightly bland. You might want to have salt on the dinner table, and maybe some pepper.
Other than that, this is YUMMY!


COOKIES 
I don't have any pictures. You'll have to trust me.
[WARNING! THIS IS A PRETTY LARGE BATCH]

2 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
5 cups rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips
(Optional) 2 cups milk chocolate bars, cut into chunks
(Optional) 3 cups chopped nuts


Preheat oven to 375° F

In a very large bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugars, creaming thoroughly. Beat in eggs, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 
Grind rolled oats into  powder in a blender or a food processor. You might want to do a bit at a time instead of the whole five cups. Just a thought. Add flour to the oats and stir well. Stir into creamed mixture. Dough should be very thick.
In another bowl, combine nuts, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks. Add to dough. 
Shape dough into the size of a golfball. Place on ungreased baking sheet and press lightly. Bake for ten minutes, or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom and pale on the top. 

Let stand for 2-3 minutes before transferring to racks to cool.

THESE truly are milk's favorite cookie.
Sorry Oreo. But it's true
(Secret confession: I never liked Oreo's with milk. Chocolate chip cookies with milk is the way to go)



God Bless,

Photobucket

You May Also Like

0 comments

Be kind. I ♥ comments.

Powered by Blogger.