Interview with Edith

by - September 03, 2012

I've been participating in a sort of blog-swap thing, started by Bree. Today I have the pleasure of hosting Miss Edith of Quod Vide.



Hello there! So glad you let me interview you. Tell me, how long have you been blogging for?
Thanks for interviewing me, Gwen!  I started Quod Vide recently, but before that I had a photo blog which I kept up for a year or so, and before that I read and commented on blogs.  So I've been on the blogosphere almost three years, I think, and actually blogging for more or less two.

How did you come across blogger?
A dear friend of mine let me know she had a blog.  I was just getting to know her at the time and anxious that she know I was interested in her life, so I began following her blog.

What made you decide to start a blog?
My photo blog began as a way for me to keep myself accountable to take new pictures - which was a way to keep myself accountable for getting outdoors in the winter.  But my current blog, Quod Vide, had a completely different motivation.  I have always loved to write, and when I was younger spent hours composing stories; none of my literary caterpillars seemed to make it through the cocoon to the butterfly stage, unfortunately, so I kept nearly all of them to myself.  As years went by, God laid it strongly on my heart that my writing is a gift I must share - and so are the ideas I've gleaned from many wonderful teachers, mentors, and friends.  I decided to start Quod Vide as a way to hone my skill in using both these gifts.  Also, it would be disingenuous of me to imply that there isn't a part of me that just thinks it's fun...

What would you say is the "point" of your blog?
Think widely.  Look closely.  Speak clearly.  I try every day to live in pursuit of truth.  That sounds very high-minded and abstract, but I think all it really means is trying to see the world through God's eyes.  This is what I hope to encourage others to do.  It changes my approach to all parts of life, from the intellectual to the practical to the purely mundane - both helping me to understand spiritual realities better and helping me to wonder at the water rushing out of my tap.

If you had to describe your blog in three words, which ones would you choose?
Mm, this is hard!  Perhaps aware, discursive, and joyful.  At least, these are ideals I'd strive for it to live up to.

You're heading off to college, correct?
I've just begun my sophomore year!

What are you going to study?
I'm aiming for a Bachelor of Music in music and worship and my emphasis is voice.  (Yes, I do sing opera, in case anyone was wondering.  However, it's not my most favorite; I like oratorios better.)

What is a passion of yours?
Colors.  As all my friends will attest, I wear many of them and they are usually bright.  I also enjoy decorating with them.  And when I'm looking for a refreshing outing, I often go to home stores and look at anything from spatulas to paperweights that come in various sets of colors.  A little strange, I know, but they make me happy.  I also really love blank books.  Especially when they come in sets of different colors, of course...

Where do you see yourself in 20 years? Or even 30?
In my experience, God usually puts a wonderful but startling twist in the path I see for myself, so I'd be interested to come back to this answer when 20 or 30 years have actually passed.  I see myself in ministry to the Church through music, perhaps as a choir director, and maybe in a foreign missions context.  (I'm intrigued by the possibility of using music in European evangelism.)  I would hope to be married with a few children, but I'm not going to make that an assumption unless it happens.  I would also hope to have finished at least one novel!

Do you have a favorite song?
A single favorite?  Actually, I don't.  I have favorite songs in many genres, but no overall favorite.  However, I will say that I've been listening to "He Doesn't Know Why" by the Fleet Foxes relatively often because of its well-written melodies.  (You, there, categorizing me as a hipster, stop!  Just stop it!  I don't own a pair of big glasses frames and I've never worn skinny jeans!  So see?  I just like music! : )

Are you more of a book person or a movie person?
Book person, hands down.  I like movies as a way to tell a good story, but don't find many I want to watch.  My preference generally runs to Pixar and things of that kind (Tangled, The Adventures of Tintin.  It's a coincidence that they're all 3D animation - I don't have a special liking for it).  Which reminds me!  I haven't seen Brave yet!

Thanks for letting me host you, Edith! 

Check back in a few days for a guest post!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Be kind. I ♥ comments.

Powered by Blogger.