Can we all just take a moment
To appreciate the genius of this video? Yes? Okay good.
- I read more books in a month than most kids with assigned reading lists do in a year.
What can I say? I love books!
- I have definitely used the phrase "Hey mom? Can I take a break from school?"
Probably more often than is healthy.
- I'm usually still working on a few subjects of school in the summer.
- I've done two days of schoolwork in one.
Although, never so we could leave early for vacation. Usually it was because there was a fun activity planned the next day.
- I actually thought that The Passion of The Christ was the first R movie I saw, but then I found out that Gladiator was R.
This almost counts.
- My parents did indeed skip over the parts in classic Disney movies where there was a part involving an evil witch.
But this was only when we were wee little.
- I actually don't have many non-homeschooled friends, but I am used to being asked why I don't go to "real school."
- I know what the Silmarillion is.
I'm actually hoping to start reading it sometime soon.
- I am filled with fear and dread when I hear the word "Saxon."
Saxon math and I are old enemies.
- Having fun isn't hard when I have a library card.
If only we didn't have such crabby librarians.
- My parents did sit us down after first watching The Wizard of Oz and explained to us that there are no such thing as good witches.
- Harry Potter is a tricky subject in my family.
- We weren't allowed to watch Power Rangers.
And I don't even know why.
- I have laughed quietly at the "home-school equals home-work" joke.
Waaay too many times.
- I can quote The Princess Bride.
Although this is actually fairly new.
- For the longest time, I couldn't remember the last time I ate fast food.
But then Costco was built in our town and now we eat it once every few weeks.
- I know what a jean jumper is.
And I'm sad to say, I wore quite a few.
- I actually finished the video.
About three times.
How many of these apply to you? Are you homeschooled?